Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Money Situation!

I got my first E-mail today! Thank you, Jenna! = )


So I'm in a situation where I'm preparing for college and saving almost everything I earn.  I like music and books, but they're so expensive!  I find deals online, but I can't use my parents' credit card.  I also don't want to do anything illegal, like pirate music.  Are there any places you know of to find music and books for low prices that is also nation-wide?

Jenna, CA, 17



Firstly, I'd say it's very smart of you to be saving EVERYTHING! So continue with that. And I agree, music and books are always much more expensive than you want them to be (especially with iTunes raising a lot of their prices!) One thing I like to do is loan and borrow books to and from my friends. It's a good way to save money, seeing as you won't have to buy half the books you want, and you'll get more input on your choice of books and your friends. Also, you can ask your friends to make CD's of music you or they like and have them give it to you. It's not illegal, as you can make CD's on iTunes and you can get any music off of any CD you have. It can be fun, as you can trade CD's back and forth, and you can find small amounts of CD's cheaply at Wal Mart or other stores like it. Another thing you can do for books is you can buy used books on Barnes and Noble. This does require a credit card, but if you find ones cheap enough, I'm sure your parents would be more apt to help out. You can also try your library, if you don't mind giving the books back when you're done. It might not be the happiest moment, when you hand them over the counter, but it'll save you lots of money!
Good luck with everything, Jenna!
~The Advice

No comments:

Post a Comment