Friday, October 16, 2009

Tip of the Week 3

Send me some E-mails!

This week's tip: Take the opportunities you have.

If there's one thing I've learned a relearned a million times, it's that you're going to benefit more from doing things than you are from sitting around doing nothing. For instance: do sports, clubs, activities, etc; go to parties, friends houses, hang-outs, etc. I've passed up a lot of things that I wish I could have done and I have a feeling you all have, too.

This fits into my life right now as I'm heading down to Long Island this weekend to check out a college and go see one of my mom's former student's sister in a play. I plan to go to this college after two years at a less expensive college and I've been wanting to check out the campus for quite some time. I saw this friend (the former student) at my homecoming last weekend and she offered for me to come with her. At first, I was beyond excited and immediately went to check my schedule. As the week progressed, I have become more and more skeptical of this trip, as I've never met this friend's family - or even her sister. She's also four years older than me, so it's a bit of an age difference. I have nothing against the girl and can't say I have anything against her family, having never met them, but It's just a little different to be so far away from home without my family and with people I don't necessarily know at a place I've never been. But right now, knowing my bag is half-packed upstairs, I already know I'm going to have a great weekend and I won't regret it. (I'll let you all know my success Sunday night.)

So please, don't say no to things because of time restrictions or skepticism. If you're truly debating it, chances are you'll regret it if you say no.

Happy venturing to whatever lies ahead!

~The Advice

No comments:

Post a Comment